Followers

About Me

Todd and I met 10 years ago and have been married for 2 of those years. I am so thankful to God for bringing us together. Todd and I are the proud parents of Allie. She truly is a gift from God and we are so blessed!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action!!

Last Sunday night Allie was the STAR in her first church play. She was baby Jesus...Todd and I were Mary and Joseph. She was the cutest baby Jesus!! We didn't have a speaking part...we just had to walk out and sit on the stage while someone else was narrating the Christmas story. I was getting a little nervous about Allie because she started getting hungry right before we were supposed to walk out and when she gets hungry she wants to eat right then! She only cried for a couple of seconds though while we were on the stage so we were so proud of her...she did a good job!! Not only was this the first play for Allie, but it was the first time that they have every used a real baby in that church to portray baby Jesus! Here is a picture of all of us:


A close-up of Allie....



I wanted to post this picture as well because I just love this outfit. One of my mother's friends from her church knitted this cardigan, hat and booties...isn't it so cute! It's still a little big, but she'll grow into it.



My baby is getting so big...she was a month old today! It's hard to believe that one month has already went by. It has been the best month that I've ever had and I know Todd would say the same thing. Happy one month birthday Allie!! Mommy and Daddy love you!


Here are a few things Allie is doing at old month:
  • Allie is staying awake more often throughout the day...usually only stays awake for one hour at a time though before she gets sleepy again. When she gets sleepy she wants to be held and wants to eat (even if she just ate 30 minutes prior).
  • She is eating every 2-4 hours...more often it's the 2 hour (especially at night...yes, that's fun for me, but I'm not complaining!)
  • This past Monday we went to the doctor because she had been projectile vomiting once a day for 5 days and had been gagging sometimes...I was thinking she may have reflux...the doctor agreed. Allie was given medication for reflux to see if it helps....yuck!
  • She is continuing to focus more on faces. Actually today she smiled at me and Todd several times. According to things I have read most babies are not purposefully smiling at this age however, she was wide awake and we were talking to her everytime that she smiled. Allie is just a little ahead of things already!!
  • She cannot wear her preemie sleepers (she's too long) although she can still wear some of the preemie outfits. She is finally able to wear some of her newborn clothes.
  • We have been giving Allie a bath in the bathtub for about a week now (we use a little inclined chair). With the exception of the very first time, she doesn't cry now...I think she actually enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment