Followers

About Me

Todd and I met 10 years ago and have been married for 2 of those years. I am so thankful to God for bringing us together. Todd and I are the proud parents of Allie. She truly is a gift from God and we are so blessed!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Easter!!

Our first Easter with Allie was great! We went to church that morning and heard a great message and then we went over to Todd's aunt's house to eat and have an easter egg hunt. After church was over all the children in the church were given a balloon that had a number on it and also a message attached that had the church's address. We all stood in the church parking lot and released the balloon's at the same time. The hope is that if the balloon is found they will send the balloon back with a letter or note. In the past we have had balloons sent back from the Carolina's and Tennessee. It's really neat! The number on the balloon shows us which child released that particular balloon. Although Allie was asleep during the balloon release I had to get her one. The balloon even matched her dress!!

And there they go...up, up, and away!

Allie slept a lot on Sunday so we grabbed a few pictures in between her napping.

Our first Family Easter picture....

Although the hat makes it a little difficult to get good lighting on her face during pictures it was still adorable....plus it helped to keep the sun out of her eyes!

I am a happy mommy....

She doesn't like to sit up all the way. I will sit her up and she scoots down....

I know Allie is a little young, but I was going to take her out and let her hunt eggs like all the other kids, but she fell asleep. Everyone had a lot of fun though! Allie's cousin Todreana enjoyed hunting eggs.


Kalyn enjoyed cracking confetti eggs on top of Nana's head.....

I didn't even know what confetti eggs were until this year! The kids definitely enjoyed this!

We continue to look forward to all the special holidays we will get to experience with Allie. Having her around makes everyday so much better....not that I didn't enjoy life when she wasn't here, but all mother's know exactly what I am talking about!! Oh, and the daddy's too!

Allie, We hope you had a great Easter! Mommy and Daddy are so blessed to have you in our lives!

On a side note, Allie has started to laugh out loud a little bit. This has started within the past couple of weeks. It is so cute! She also does a great job raising up her head when she is on her belly....she gets stronger every day!

Oh yeah....I started giving her some cereal about 1.5 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be her favorite. At first she made a very yucky face, but now she eats it but doesn't really enjoy it. I have tried to add some juice and some applesauce to it but that doesn't really help. I am thinking though that it's just something different and will take a little time to get used to. And yes, as you watch the video I think I was not allowing enough time in between bites but I have learned since then....hey, I'm a new mother and have never given a baby their first bites of food! I'm learning everyday. (Turn your volume down a little bit while watching the video because I was holding the recorder so I am a little loud....sorry.)

2 comments:

  1. Allie looks so beautiful in her Easter outfit. I think she is our lucky prize. You all make a very sweet family. I feel blessed to have all of you in our lives. I can't thank the Lord enough for the wonderful blessings He has bestowed on us. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those expressions are so funny! She's like...ahhh, mommy I really don't want to eat this, but for you I guess I WILL eat this, haha! Gavin laughed as he watched the video! She was precious on Easter, love her little outfit!

    ReplyDelete