On Thursday, September 23 you turned 10 months old....DOUBLE DIGITS! All I can say is you like to be moving at ALL times!! Here are a few other things you are doing now:
- Crawling everywhere
- Pulling up on EVERYTHING and walking around holding onto the couch or table
- You started saying "da-da" about 2 weeks ago although you do not say it to your daddy, you just jabber and say it, but I guess that counts!! I was really hoping Ma-Ma would be your first word, but that's okay, I still Love ya!!
- You probably understand other words, but I know you understand the words "drink" and "bite-bite." You respond to those and seem to know what they mean!
- You eat whatever I give you...which is a good thing! There is nothing that I have given you lately that you didn't like. You really like Sweet Tea! You do not get much of this because of all the sugar and caffeine, but mommy does give you a sip every now and then.
- You still do not have any teeth so I still have to pick and choose what I give you to eat. You have really been chewing on everything and I know dear that your gums are swollen and are probably sore, but you do not act like they bother you. I pray that your teeth will come in and not bother you too bad!
- Still taking bottles with formula ranging anywhere from 6-8oz depending on the last time you ate some food. I have tried a couple of times giving you some milk in a sippy cup and you act like you do not like it! The doctor told me you should be on whole milk by the time you are a year old and I am not sure that will be possible.
- You sit in your high chair and will feed yourself whatever I have put on your tray. Usually this is small pieces of boiled potato, peas, bread, and macaroni and cheese. Now when I say small pieces I mean VERY small pieces. Mommy is so afraid of you choking that I give you small enough pieces that if you swallowed it whole it still wouldn't choke you! :)
- You observe everything! You like watching the leafs on trees blow....it just fascinates you! You like watching dogs and you love kids!
- You are the happiest baby I have ever seen!! You smile 95% of the time and even people that we haven't met come up to mommy and say, "I have never seen a baby smile that much." Mommy and daddy are truly blessed to have you in our lives!
- You sleep with mommy and daddy, right in the middle! You fall asleep around 10-11pm and sleep until 8am-9am. You drink a bottle within 15 minutes of waking up and usually go back to sleep within 1.5-2 hours later.
- You usually take 2 naps during the day ranging anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours....but never are the 2 naps 2 hours each.
- You still like to pinch before falling asleep. I try to get you to rub my face instead or pinch on my shirt but so far that is not good enough!
- Your favorite is still Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and if you are playing and the Hotdog song comes on you will quit playing and watch the television. That is definitely your favorite part of the show and you recognize it everytime!
- You are wearing 6-9 months size clothes now. You can still wear some 3-6 months size but the 6-9 fits a little better.
- You are wearing size 3 diapers. About 3 weeks ago we bought you size 3 because the size 2 were getting a little snug and "running over" when you would pee (at times). The size 3 are a little big, but they don't make a 2.5 which is what you would really need! You wear Pampers Baby Dry or Sensitive because the Cruisers are too big even in the size 3.
- You wear a size 2 in shoes and you now own your first pair of Nikes! They are the cutest things and mommy couldn't pass them up in the store!
Mommy has finally had to get into reality and understand that you will be the big 1 year old in less than 2 months! I have been looking at birthday decorations and deciding when and where to have the big celebration! We have a large family and I am trying to decide whether to have it on your actual birthday or the weekend before. Decisions....Decisions!!
Allie, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment